Staff Development - Infection Preventionist RN
ProMedica`s senior care division operates 330+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing centers, memory care communities and hospice, palliative and home health care agencies. Services are provided in 26 states and the majority now operate under the ProMedica brand and Arden Courts. Over the next few months, the rest of our entities under the Heartland and ManorCare names will rebrand to ProMedica.
Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address and lead in social determinants of health, champion healthy aging and cultivate innovative solutions. For more information about ProMedica senior care services, please visit www.promedicaseniorcare.org.
ProMedica Senior Care provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy.
The Staff Development - Infection Preventionist RN acts as center’s resource for quality systems, clinical practice guidelines, specialty programs, regulations and enforcement, and clinical safe business practices. Responsible to assess the training needs of nursing staff and to develop, implement, evaluation and document staff development programs including orientation, In-Service, and Continuing Education Programs for nursing department personnel. This role functions within the scope of the state’s Nurse Practice Act for R.N. licensure. A registered licensed nurse designated to act as the coordinator of an infection prevention and control program to oversee the general application of the infection control guidelines.
Staff Development Responsibilities
- Oversees implementation and documentation of the orientation plan for nursing staff and contractors
- Oversees nursing assistant education including teaching/managing CNA classes; ensures in-service content meets regulatory requirement and individual needs
- Collaborates with leadership and assists in planning, coordinating and conducting training related to federal, state, local and company requirements
- Serves as facility liaison to approved student affiliations – provides orientation of students to facility and clinical processes; communicates with instructor regarding student observations; validates students’ compliance with facility prerequisites
Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Responsibilities
- Provides ongoing education related to the quality managment system and quality improvement initiatives to facility staff
- Initiates and monitors performance improvement plans in the quality management system
- Participates in clinical risk identification, planning, process improvement initiatives
Infection Prevention Responsibilities
- Reviews, analyzes data, and reports infection control trends through the use of an electronic surveillance system
- Assists in identification of infection control issues and conducts both process and outcome monitoring
- Coordinates and monitors monthly departmental infection control rounds processes
- Coordinates outbreak investigations with the director of nursing and medical director
- Provides monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Committee
- Assists in the review of infection prevention and control policies, program and procedures
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.8546 - ProMedica Senior Care of Georgia - Atlanta, GA
Licensed as an RN as required by state law; BSN preferred
One year of teaching experience; Demonstrated ability and presentation experience in training of adults and group dynamics; One year of long-term care teaching experience and working knowledge of clinical nursing practices and job functions of nursing home employees, preferred.
Nursing - Management
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.