Liaison RN - Hospice
ProMedica`s senior care division operates 330+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing centers, memory care communities and hospice, palliative and home health care agencies. Services are provided in 26 states and the majority now operate under the ProMedica brand and Arden Courts. Over the next few months, the rest of our entities under the Heartland and ManorCare names will rebrand to ProMedica.
Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address and lead in social determinants of health, champion healthy aging and cultivate innovative solutions. For more information about ProMedica senior care services, please visit www.promedicaseniorcare.org.
ProMedica Senior Care, formerly HCR ManorCare, is one of the leading providers of Hospice, Home Care, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, Palliative Care, and Assisted and Independent Living. Heartland, ManorCare, and Arden Courts are now part of the ProMedica family of services. The home health and hospice, skilled nursing, and rehabilitation services you know us for are now part of an integrated health and well being organization.
The Liaison RN is responsible for providing the consistency and predictability necessary to transition a patient's care between care settings or levels of care within a care setting in a timely fashion. Once a referral has been made to Heartland, the Liaison RN coordinates the care transition for patients requiring the services of any of the products offered in that market including hospice, home care, infusion and IPU services as applicable. The role may include explaining benefits, assessing eligibility, completing part or all of the admission process and providing daily GIP visit services. The Liaison RN partners with the sales team to develop and maintain referral source relationships.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
Registered Nurse required. Licensed and in good standing in the state in which he/she will practice.
Minimum of two years of experience delivering home health care, IV care or hospice services.
Demonstrated knowledge of payer sources.
Demonstrated knowledge of the referral source types and community resources.
- Meets with potential patients who have been referred to Heartland to discuss home health care, hospice and/or I.V. Care services.
- Advocates on behalf of patients to ensure receipt of entitled benefits.
- Gathers information and verifies with the physician(s) that the patient qualifies for care.
- Admits patients to Heartland service completing accurate documentation, consents, and assessments as applicable. Coordinates care for Heartland patients hospitalized during an episode of care (home care, hospice and IV care), and communicates with the DPS regarding the patient?s status.
- Collaborates with the patient, DPS or designee, physician and/or discharging facility to establish an effective care plan prior to the patient?s transfer to another setting.
- Meets with the patient and family to begin assessing what care needs the patient is likely to have when transitioning back home.
- Collaborates with the referral source to arrange for supplies.
- Coordinates with patient?s attending physician to develop care plan, collaborates with referral sources to arrange for supplies, and ensures appropriate follow-up care.
- Communicates and collaborates with the DPS or designee after the completion of an admission in any of the product lines.
- Coordinates and collaborates with members of the sales team on activity related to assigned referral sources. Coordinates with the Heartland admissions team to schedule the admission and transition the care and collaboration with the Heartland Nurse Case Manager.
- Updates referral sources on status of patients currently receiving service, non-admits, or recently discharged and the patient?s response to services received.
- Provides training and education to assigned referral sources.
- Partners with other members of the sales and operations team to develop and execute account development plans to grow the business relationship.
- Participates in the growth meeting, staff meeting and appropriate sales and clinical training sessions.
- Effectively uses IMPACT in account and relationship development.
Medical, Dental, Eye Care
Paid time off
Student Loan & Tuition Assistance and More!!!!
Nursing - Marketing
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.