Post-Acute Patient Access Specialist
ProMedica`s senior care division operates 330+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing centers, memory care communities and hospice, palliative and home health care agencies. Services are provided in 26 states and the majority now operate under the ProMedica brand and Arden Courts. Over the next few months, the rest of our entities under the Heartland and ManorCare names will rebrand to ProMedica.
Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address and lead in social determinants of health, champion healthy aging and cultivate innovative solutions. For more information about ProMedica senior care services, please visit www.promedicaseniorcare.org.
ProMedica Senior Care provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy.
ThePost-Acute Patient Access Specialistis Responsible for managing referrals from key hospitals and other care settings (sites to be determined as part of the divisional market strategy) and ensuring a smooth transition of care for patients discharging from a care setting to our centers. Additionally, the Post -Acute Patient Access Specialist (PAPAS) will develop strong relationships with the key referral hospital personnel and identify new opportunities for partnering and growth. The goal is to grow year over year inquiries converted to admissions.
- Processes inquiries received either electronically or via fax, at a minimum rate of 5-15 inquiries per day, with an average response time rate of 15 minutes or less.
- Evaluates the inquiry, makes the decision and communicates information to facilitate the patients smooth transition to center.
- Obtains accurate information from physicians, patient and/or responsible party, and referral source regarding the expected discharge plan and communicates this information to the center team.
- Effectively uses referral management systems and other tools to manage referrals.
- Focuses on converting inquiries to admissions.
- Manages a case load and updates electronic records with final disposition and reason lost and denied.
- Addresses and seeks to work collaboratively with center to resolve customer service issues with family and referral sources.
Additionally, this job will require a willingness to work evenings and weekends in order to provide coverage for the Central Intake Offices 24/7 operation.
In return for your expertise, youll enjoy excellent training and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare!
Bachelor degree preferred; Sales and medical training, required.
Two years of experience with sales and marketing knowledge, required; Strong medical
assessment skills; Prior experience with an insurance company, private case management company, or HMO, preferred. Familiarity with long term care and/or subacute care, useful. Strong oral and written communications skills.
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.