Massage Therapist - Hospice
ProMedica`s senior care division, formerly known as HCR ManorCare, operates 335+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing centers, memory care communities and hospice and home health care agencies. Services are provided in 26 states and currently operate under the brand names Heartland, ManorCare, ProMedica and Arden Courts. Over the next 6 months, the senior care entities will continue to rebrand to ProMedica.
Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address and lead in social determinants of health, champion healthy aging and cultivate innovative solutions. For more information about ProMedica senior care services, please visit www.promedicaseniorcare.org.
Heartland Hospice is part of the Promedica / HCR ManorCare family and provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy.
The Massage Therapist is responsible to plan, organize, and provide medically prescribed massage therapy that creates a caring and safe environment, addresses the comfort needs of patients, and positively impacts the patients’ health status, feeling of wellness, and/or quality of life. Patient care is provided in the community, at home, or care facilities - wherever the patient calls home.
In return for your expertise, you’ll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits, paid mileage, and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
Currently licensed, state certified, or registered or licensed as a massage therapist in the state and in good standing with the state board. Certification by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) and/or Massage Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEX).
• A minimum of one year of clinical massage therapy experience; two years experience preferred. • Experience in home health or hospice preferred.
Job Specific Details:
The hospice field is rewarding, meaningful, and we want you to join our team!
Hospice Massage Therapist general responsibilities include:
- Participates in the development / implementation of the plan of care.
- Consults with team members to provide access to massage for patients, to assess patient needs and to prioritize interventions.
- Conducts assessments and visits providing skilled massage therapy techniques that meet individual patient needs including a focus on pain control, reduction of stress-anxiety, promoting injury rehabilitation, relaxation, and health enhancement.
- Documents the care and submits paperwork in an accurate and timely manner to update and maintain the patient clinical records.
- Educates team members, patients, and families about the benefits of massage therapy and the role of the massage therapist.
- Collaborate with team members to further develop, evaluate, and improve massage therapy services to meet patient needs.
Posting IDAd Feed
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.