Palliative Care Specialist- LPN
As a Licensed Practical Nurse, you’ll be part of a team that plays a vital role in the lives of others. This is an ideal role for new graduates as well as experienced nursing professionals. Not only will you be empowered to meet patient needs and implement care, but we’ll look to you for nursing staff leadership. What does it take to be successful here? A strong work ethic. Outstanding observational skills. The ability to communicate with everyone in the ProMedica Senior Care family — and unyielding compassion to those around you. In return, you’ll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits, and opportunities to learn and grow into Nurse Management roles.
If you’re ready to have a health care career in which you can build long-lasting relationships and find professional and intellectual fulfillment, then we’re excited to work with you.
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel: Only for Home Health
and Hospice Nursing Assistants
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Who is the ideal ProMedica Senior Care employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Adaptable 10
- Leadership 9
- Proactive 9
- Communicator 9
- Compassionate 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Detail-oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Responsible, Sincere, Understanding
Caring, Qualified Colleagues
Work with people who inspire
you to do your best.
More than a job, this is a
Growth & Training
Opportunities to advance your skills and knowledge. Free online CEU Program for full-time/part-time employees.
Build a work-life balance
that works for you.
Prepare for your future while
growing in the present.
Stay well as you care
Paid Time Off
Time off for when you
need it most.
Student Loan Repayment
Get up to $100 per month to ease the burden of your student loans.
Palliative Care Specialist- LPN
ProMedica`s senior care division, formerly known as HCR ManorCare, operates 335+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing centers, memory care communities and hospice and home health care agencies. Services are provided in 26 states and currently operate under the brand names Heartland, ManorCare, ProMedica and Arden Courts. Over the next 6 months, the senior care entities will continue to rebrand to ProMedica.
Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address and lead in social determinants of health, champion healthy aging and cultivate innovative solutions. For more information about ProMedica senior care services, please visit www.promedicaseniorcare.org.
HCR ManorCare provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy.
The Palliative Care Specialist will coordinate and manage all day to day business affairs and other operational activities related to the administration of the local palliative care office by performing the following duties including, but not limited to, maintaining telephonic patient contact, obtaining insurance authorizations, maintaining medical records, and marketing.
- Coordinate and manage all day-to-day business affairs and other operational activities related to the administration of the palliative care department.
- Assist Central Intake Admission Coordinator with obtaining insurance pre-authorizations and initiating patient contact.
- Ensures the maintenance of up-to-date account information for existing referral sources (i.e. address, contact, preferences, etc.) and maintains referral source communication preference information.
- Maintains insurance records on all patients and obtains timely re-authorizations for continued care when necessary. Demonstrates understanding of all payer sources and impact on revenue.
- Advise Palliative Care Team of patient acceptance and provide all relevant information including accurate insurance and admission information in order to ensure appropriate disclosure of rights and responsibilities, financial liabilities and benefit plan to patients and their family.
- Maintain communication with pending patients, their families and referral sources and routinely follows the progress of prospective patients in order to assure continuity of care.
- Manage all daily clinical records functions including implementing clinical records policies. Ensure clinical record systems are maintained in compliance with state and federal regulations and company policies.
- Assist as requested to provide timely responses and further information related to all billing denials, and postpayments audits of submitted claims.
- Establish and maintain professional and productive relationships with all referral sources. Acts as a resource for customers and community as a whole regarding palliative care.
In return for your expertise, you’ll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including telephone technique
- Knowledge of medical terminology. Prior experience in home health, hospice or palliative care environment preferred
- Ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team and health care providers
- Customer service focus evidenced by ability to establish and maintain rapport with patients, families and referral sources
High School diploma or equivalent. Current, active licensure as a LPN or RN preferred
Administrative - Clerical
ProMedica Senior Care is a leading provider of short-term, post-hospital services.
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.