RN Case Manager
ProMedica`s senior care division operates 330+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing centers, memory care communities and hospice, palliative and home health care agencies. Services are provided in 26 states and the majority now operate under the ProMedica brand and Arden Courts. Over the next few months, the rest of our entities under the Heartland and ManorCare names will rebrand to ProMedica.
Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address and lead in social determinants of health, champion healthy aging and cultivate innovative solutions. For more information about ProMedica senior care services, please visit www.promedicaseniorcare.org.
ProMedica Senior Care, formerly HCR ManorCare is one of the leading providers of Hospice, Home Care Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, Palliative Care, and Assisted & Independent Living.
Heartland, ManorCare and Arden Courts are now part of the ProMedica family of services. The home health and hospice, skilled nursing and rehabilitation, memory care services you know us for are now part of an integrated health and well being organization.
At our core, we are a not-for-profit, mission-based organization working to create a stronger, more cohesive approach to delivering care at the right place and right time.
ProMedica Hospice is searching for a full-time RN Case Manager to support hospice patients in thier homes in the Red Wing and surrounding areas.
As a RN Case Manager, your ability to manage client care with specific knowledge and experience in bedside care, symptom management, crisis intervention and family intervention are feature assets for this high-profile nursing position. In addition to excellent written/verbal communication, problem solving and decision making abilities, our candidate has a demonstrated experience developing and maintaining rapport with patients and families, and the ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team.
In return for your expertise, you’ll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.4701 - ProMedica Hospice - Mankato Office - Serving South Minnesota
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state and in good standing with the Board in which he/she will practice.
- Ability to manage Patient care with specific knowledge and experience in bedside nursing, symptom management, crisis intervention and family intervention.
- Ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with the Patient and family.
- A minimum of 6 months institutional nursing experience within the past 3 years unless state regulations differ. The Director of Professional Services or Administrator may waive this experience requirement based upon a personal interview.
- Registered Nurses providing skilled intervention for PASSPORT Patients must have 2 years’ experience as an RN.
- Necessary daily; 100%.
- Patient’s home/living facilities.
- Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection, illness, and physical contact from disruptive Patients.
- Attends deaths of Patients to assist and support the family.
- Initial and ongoing assessment of the impact of the terminal diagnosis on the Patient?s physical, functional, psychosocial and environmental needs and activities of daily living including risk for pathological grief, cultural and spiritual implications and verbal and non-verbal communication patterns.
- Implements the individualized plan of care and recommends revisions to the plan as necessary including managing discomfort and providing symptom relief and specialized nursing skills related to palliative and end-of-life care.
- Consults with and educates the Patient/family regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, end-of-life care and the processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes that demonstrate progress toward established goals.
- Coordinates all Patient/family services and prioritization of needs with the members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Uses case management approach and refers to other services as needed.
- Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the Patient?s needs and outcomes of intervention.
- Determines scope and frequency of services needed based on acuity and Patient/family needs.
- Supervises LPNs/LVNs and paraprofessionals providing services to the Patient according to regulatory guidelines.
- Participates in in-service programs.
- Provides specialized hospice training to other staff, family members and informal caregivers to insure adequate care.
- Assesses the ability of the caregiver to meet the Patient?s immediate needs upon admission and throughout care.
- Evaluates family/Patient response to care on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluates own needs for support and uses identified systems to meet the need.
- Applies specific criteria for admission and re-certification to hospice care to establish appropriate levels of care and the Patient?s eligibility.
- Communicates information using current process and technology available to the organization.
Nursing - RN/LPN
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.