Staff Development - Infection Preventionist RN
As a Registered Nurse, you’ll be part of a team that plays a vital role in the lives of others. This is an ideal role for new graduates as well as experienced nursing professionals. Not only will you be empowered to assess patient needs and implement care, but we’ll look to you for nursing staff leadership. What does it take to be successful here? A strong work ethic. Outstanding observational skills. The ability to communicate with everyone in the ProMedica Senior Care family — and unyielding compassion to those around you. In return, you’ll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits, and opportunities to learn and grow into Nurse Management roles.
If you’re ready to have a health care career in which you can build long-lasting relationships and find professional and intellectual fulfillment, then we’re excited to work with you.
- Full Time,
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel: Only for Home Health
and Hospice Nurses
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Who is the ideal ProMedica Senior Care employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Adaptable 10
- Responsible 9
- Proactive 9
- Communicator 9
- Compassionate 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Detail-oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Sincere, Understanding
ProMedica Senior Care and Heartland offers you:
Work with people who
inspire you to do your best.
Build a work-life balance that
works for you.
Innovative Training Programs
Opportunities to advance your skills and knowledge. Free online CEU Program for full-time/part-time employees.
More than a job, this is a
Paid Time Off
Time off for when you
need it most.
Comprehensive Health Coverage
Stay well as you care
Retirement & Savings Plan
Prepare for your future while
growing in the present.
Student Loan Repayment
Get up to $100 per month to ease the burden of your student loans.
Staff Development - Infection Preventionist RN
ProMedica`s senior care division operates 330+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing centers, memory care communities and hospice, palliative and home health care agencies. Services are provided in 26 states and the majority now operate under the ProMedica brand and Arden Courts. Over the next few months, the rest of our entities under the Heartland and ManorCare names will rebrand to ProMedica.
Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address and lead in social determinants of health, champion healthy aging and cultivate innovative solutions. For more information about ProMedica senior care services, please visit www.promedicaseniorcare.org.
ProMedica Senior Care provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy.
The Staff Development - Infection Preventionist RN acts as center’s resource for quality systems, clinical practice guidelines, specialty programs, regulations and enforcement, and clinical safe business practices. Responsible to assess the training needs of nursing staff and to develop, implement, evaluation and document staff development programs including orientation, In-Service, and Continuing Education Programs for nursing department personnel. This role functions within the scope of the state’s Nurse Practice Act for R.N. licensure. A registered licensed nurse designated to act as the coordinator of an infection prevention and control program to oversee the general application of the infection control guidelines.
Staff Development Responsibilities
- Oversees implementation and documentation of the orientation plan for nursing staff and contractors
- Oversees nursing assistant education including teaching/managing CNA classes; ensures in-service content meets regulatory requirement and individual needs
- Collaborates with leadership and assists in planning, coordinating and conducting training related to federal, state, local and company requirements
- Serves as facility liaison to approved student affiliations – provides orientation of students to facility and clinical processes; communicates with instructor regarding student observations; validates students’ compliance with facility prerequisites
Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Responsibilities
- Provides ongoing education related to the quality managment system and quality improvement initiatives to facility staff
- Initiates and monitors performance improvement plans in the quality management system
- Participates in clinical risk identification, planning, process improvement initiatives
Infection Prevention Responsibilities
- Reviews, analyzes data, and reports infection control trends through the use of an electronic surveillance system
- Assists in identification of infection control issues and conducts both process and outcome monitoring
- Coordinates and monitors monthly departmental infection control rounds processes
- Coordinates outbreak investigations with the director of nursing and medical director
- Provides monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Committee
- Assists in the review of infection prevention and control policies, program and procedures
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.3151 - ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - Miamisburg, OH
One year of teaching experience; Demonstrated ability and presentation experience in training of adults and group dynamics; One year of long-term care teaching experience and working knowledge of clinical nursing practices and job functions of nursing home employees, preferred.
Licensed as an RN as required by state law; BSN preferred
Nursing - Management
ProMedica Senior Care is a leading provider of short-term, post-hospital services.
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.