RN Referral Coordinator - Home Care FT
As a Registered Nurse, you’ll be part of a team that plays a vital role in the lives of others. This is an ideal role for new graduates as well as experienced nursing professionals. Not only will you be empowered to assess patient needs and implement care, but we’ll look to you for nursing staff leadership. What does it take to be successful here? A strong work ethic. Outstanding observational skills. The ability to communicate with everyone in the ProMedica Senior Care family — and unyielding compassion to those around you. In return, you’ll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits, and opportunities to learn and grow into Nurse Management roles.
If you’re ready to have a health care career in which you can build long-lasting relationships and find professional and intellectual fulfillment, then we’re excited to work with you.
- Full Time,
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel: Only for Home Health
and Hospice Nurses
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Who is the ideal ProMedica Senior Care employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Adaptable 10
- Responsible 9
- Proactive 9
- Communicator 9
- Compassionate 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Detail-oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Sincere, Understanding
ProMedica Senior Care and Heartland offers you:
Work with people who
inspire you to do your best.
Build a work-life balance that
works for you.
Innovative Training Programs
Opportunities to advance your skills and knowledge. Free online CEU Program for full-time/part-time employees.
More than a job, this is a
Paid Time Off
Time off for when you
need it most.
Comprehensive Health Coverage
Stay well as you care
Retirement & Savings Plan
Prepare for your future while
growing in the present.
Student Loan Repayment
Get up to $100 per month to ease the burden of your student loans.
RN Referral Coordinator - Home Care FT
ProMedica`s senior care division, formerly known as HCR ManorCare, operates 335+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing centers, memory care communities and hospice and home health care agencies. Services are provided in 26 states and currently operate under the brand names Heartland, ManorCare, ProMedica and Arden Courts. Over the next 6 months, the senior care entities will continue to rebrand to ProMedica.
Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address and lead in social determinants of health, champion healthy aging and cultivate innovative solutions. For more information about ProMedica senior care services, please visit www.promedicaseniorcare.org.
(57909) - Sylvania Home Care
The Intake RN obtains and processes referral information on behalf of patients needing skilled, hospice and/or private duty home care services within PPCS. Facilitates communication and coordination of patient care services between the hospital, ECF, rehab, outpatient office and home care agency. Assists with handling of after hour s calls.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Facilitates the flow of communication between the hospital, rehab, sub-acute unit, physician office and central intake office. Receives and processes program specific referred information following department protocols. Able to access information using the ECIN system following agency processes and procedures.
2. May meet with patients in facilities after referral is received and accepted to coordinate needed home services, DME, infusion supplies, etc. as needed.
3. Reviews community referral form for accuracy and clarification of ordered services as needed.
4. Assesses home safety and environmental concerns prior to discharge from facilities and for the presence of adequate home support systems. Identifies POA if known and/or obtains information at intake regarding consent issues.
5. Receives and processes orders for home care from physician offices and any other outpatient source. Assesses feasibility of home care services and discusses concerns with the physician prior to referral acceptance.
6. Enters referral information into the Horizon Homecare system following agency processes and creates and signs the initial interim order for home care services. Identifies primary diagnosis driving home care services.
7. Works collaboratively with other home care agencies, which are part of the PPCS home care centralized intake system to route referral information and other information in a timely manner.
8. Follows agency protocol in regard to patient assignment within the home care geographic matrix.
9. Works with support staff efficiently to manage job duties effectively within time frames.
10. Establishes primary physician prior to referral acceptance.
11. Collaborates with support staff to ensure diagnosis coding, insurance information and benefits are verified prior to first visit.
12. Demonstrates commitment to customer service
a) Introduces self to customers and elicits information in pleasant and reassuring manner.
b) Responds to inquiries appropriately.
c) Adheres to policy on professional appearance.
d) Is courteous and professional in all interactions.
e) Communicates effectively and appropriately to all customers, including internal office co-workers.
13. Demonstrates organizational skills to effectively manage caseload including high acuity/complex cases.
a) Re-organizes priorities as dictated by changing situation, demonstrates flexibility in adapting to changes of pace.
b) Plans and organizes the delivery of care within allotted time frames.
c) Organizes time to complete care.
d) Maintain agency productivity standard.
14. Pursues educational opportunities to enhance competencies, knowledge base and skills.
a) Participates as a preceptor/mentor for students and new employees, as requested.
b) Networks with other professionals in home health care.
c) Demonstrates appropriate identified clinical and age specific competencies for professional job performance, at least annually.
d) Attends professional in-services to acquire at least the minimum required CEU s annually.
e) Complies with OSHA regulations and safety requirements and attends required in-service annually inclusive of CPR.
f) Complies with agency and regulatory infection control standards and practices.
15. Participates in unit meetings, task force activities, and quality improvement studies as requested.
16. Participates in on-call/weekend responsibility as requested.
17. Performs other duties, inclusive of home visits, as directed.
Must be licensed to practice professional nursing in the states of Ohio and Michigan.
Requires minimum of 1 year recent acute care clinical/home care experience.
Current CPR certification.
Must have excellent organization and problem solving abilities.
Strong customer and team orientation essential.
Must be a team player.
Must be willing to work with computerized documentation system.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Computer skills, clerical skills, typing skills, and strong math skills required. Staffing and scheduling experience preferred.
Associates required; Bachelor degree in office management or related field preferred.
Nursing - Other
Posting IDAd Feed
ProMedica Senior Care is a leading provider of short-term, post-hospital services.
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.