RN Case Manager- Hospice
As a Registered Nurse, you’ll be part of a team that plays a vital role in the lives of others. This is an ideal role for new graduates as well as experienced nursing professionals. Not only will you be empowered to assess patient needs and implement care, but we’ll look to you for nursing staff leadership. What does it take to be successful here? A strong work ethic. Outstanding observational skills. The ability to communicate with everyone in the ProMedica Senior Care family — and unyielding compassion to those around you. In return, you’ll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits, and opportunities to learn and grow into Nurse Management roles.
If you’re ready to have a health care career in which you can build long-lasting relationships and find professional and intellectual fulfillment, then we’re excited to work with you.
- Full Time,
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel: Only for Home Health
and Hospice Nurses
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Who is the ideal ProMedica Senior Care employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Adaptable 10
- Responsible 9
- Proactive 9
- Communicator 9
- Compassionate 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Detail-oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Sincere, Understanding
ProMedica Senior Care and Heartland offers you:
Work with people who
inspire you to do your best.
Build a work-life balance that
works for you.
Innovative Training Programs
Opportunities to advance your skills and knowledge. Free online CEU Program for full-time/part-time employees.
More than a job, this is a
Paid Time Off
Time off for when you
need it most.
Comprehensive Health Coverage
Stay well as you care
Retirement & Savings Plan
Prepare for your future while
growing in the present.
Student Loan Repayment
Get up to $100 per month to ease the burden of your student loans.
RN Case Manager- Hospice
ProMedica`s senior care division operates 330+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing centers, memory care communities and hospice, palliative and home health care agencies. Services are provided in 26 states and the majority now operate under the ProMedica brand and Arden Courts. Over the next few months, the rest of our entities under the Heartland and ManorCare names will rebrand to ProMedica.
Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address and lead in social determinants of health, champion healthy aging and cultivate innovative solutions. For more information about ProMedica senior care services, please visit www.promedicaseniorcare.org.
$7,500 SIGN ON BONUS!
Heartland Hospice is part of the ProMedica family, a leading provider of home health care, hospice care, skilled nursing, memory care and post-acute care.
Responsible for the delivery of skilled nursing care and supportive services within the scope of the nurse's education and experience. Compliance with Heartland Corporate Standards and local, state, and federal laws, in an institutional setting, within the policies of the institution. Supplements nursing care of clients.
In return for your expertise, youll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
- Ability to manage Patient care with specific knowledge and experience in bedside nursing, symptom management, crisis intervention and family intervention.
- Ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with the Patient and family.
- A minimum of 6 months institutional nursing experience within the past 3 years, unless state regulations differ. The Director of Professional Services or Administrator may waive this experience requirement based upon a personal interview.
- Registered Nurses providing skilled intervention for PASSPORT Patients must have 2 years experience as an RN.
- Necessary on a daily basis; 100%.
- Patient’s home/living facilities.
- Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection, illness, and physical contact from disruptive Patients
General Responsibilities (Hospice Only)
- Attends deaths of Patients to assist and support the family.
- Initial and ongoing assessment of the impact of the terminal diagnosis on the Patient?s physical, functional, psychosocial and environmental needs and activities of daily living including risk for pathological grief, cultural and spiritual implications and verbal and non-verbal communication patterns.
- Implements the individualized plan of care and recommends revisions to the plan as necessary including managing discomfort and providing symptom relief and specialized nursing skills related to palliative and end-of-life care.
- Consults with and educates the Patient/family regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, end-of-life care and the processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes that demonstrate progress toward established goals.
- Coordinates all Patient/family services and prioritization of needs with the members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Uses case management approach and refers to other services as needed.
- Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the Patient?s needs and outcomes of intervention.
- Determines scope and frequency of services needed based on acuity and Patient/family needs.
- Supervises LPNs/LVNs and paraprofessionals providing services to the Patient according to regulatory guidelines.
- Participates in in-service programs.
- Provides specialized hospice training to other staff, family members and informal caregivers to insure adequate care.
- Assesses the ability of the caregiver to meet the Patient?s immediate needs upon admission and throughout care.
- Evaluates family/Patient response to care on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluates own needs for support and uses identified systems to meet the need.
- Applies specific criteria for admission and re-certification to hospice care to establish appropriate levels of care and the Patient?s eligibility.
- Communicates information using current process and technology available to the organization.
- Necessary daily; 100%.
- Patient?s home/living facilities.
- Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection, illness, and physical contact from disruptive Patients.
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state and in good standing with the Board in which he/she will practice.
Nursing - RN/LPN
ProMedica Senior Care is a leading provider of short-term, post-hospital services.
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.