Admissions RN - Hospice - Full Time
As a Registered Nurse, you’ll be part of a team that plays a vital role in the lives of others. This is an ideal role for new graduates as well as experienced nursing professionals. Not only will you be empowered to assess patient needs and implement care, but we’ll look to you for nursing staff leadership. What does it take to be successful here? A strong work ethic. Outstanding observational skills. The ability to communicate with everyone in the ProMedica Senior Care family — and unyielding compassion to those around you. In return, you’ll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits, and opportunities to learn and grow into Nurse Management roles.
If you’re ready to have a health care career in which you can build long-lasting relationships and find professional and intellectual fulfillment, then we’re excited to work with you.
- Full Time,
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel: Only for Home Health
and Hospice Nurses
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Who is the ideal ProMedica Senior Care employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Adaptable 10
- Responsible 9
- Proactive 9
- Communicator 9
- Compassionate 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Detail-oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Sincere, Understanding
ProMedica Senior Care and Heartland offers you:
Work with people who
inspire you to do your best.
Build a work-life balance that
works for you.
Innovative Training Programs
Opportunities to advance your skills and knowledge. Free online CEU Program for full-time/part-time employees.
More than a job, this is a
Paid Time Off
Time off for when you
need it most.
Comprehensive Health Coverage
Stay well as you care
Retirement & Savings Plan
Prepare for your future while
growing in the present.
Student Loan Repayment
Get up to $100 per month to ease the burden of your student loans.
Admissions RN - Hospice - Full Time
ProMedica`s senior care division operates 330+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing centers, memory care communities and hospice, palliative and home health care agencies. Services are provided in 26 states and the majority now operate under the ProMedica brand and Arden Courts. Over the next few months, the rest of our entities under the Heartland and ManorCare names will rebrand to ProMedica.
Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address and lead in social determinants of health, champion healthy aging and cultivate innovative solutions. For more information about ProMedica senior care services, please visit www.promedicaseniorcare.org.
Within scope of practice, coordinates input of admission evaluations, assessments and/or care plan process data. Maintains compliance in accordance with current practice standards, physician’s orders, agency policies and procedures, and local, state and federal regulations. This position is also accountable for the delivery of professional nursing services, within the scope of the professional’s education and experience, in compliance with ProMedica Hospice corporate standards, federal and state laws.
• Perform and/or review admission evaluation and assessment data documentation for completeness and accuracy.
• Make home visits to admit patient to ProMedica Hospice including accurate completion of required documentation, consents and comprehensive assessment.
• Ensure accuracy and timeliness of paperwork.
• Monitor the comprehensive assessment and admission process and ensure documentation is completed accurately and within the required time frames.
• Troubleshoot and assist with reporting issues as it relates to the admission process.
• Ensure timely submission of completed admission assessments with proper follow-up on errors.
• Assist and/or participate in the care planning process
• Participate and assist in the referral process to ancillary services. Assist in evaluating needs of each patient .
• Participate in the internal clinical record review process
• Adheres to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks.
• Willingly accepts direction from Admission Director , Director of Professional Services and Administrator
• Meets or exceeds established productivity standards.
• Ensure growth and profitability of the company through the responsible use of company resources and educating the community to our services.
• Adheres to established personnel policies.
• Accepts other assignments deemed appropriate.
#LI-CA14637 - Heartland Hospice - Whitehouse Office - Serving Northwest Ohio
• Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in good standing in the state(s) in which he/she will practice.
• Registered Nurse with minimum one year experience in providing home health or hospice nursing preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication; excellent organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team and health care provider.
• Ability to form relationships and maintain rapport with patients, families, and referral sources.
• Must have an empathetic attitude toward the sick, elderly, handicapped, terminal, dependent or disabled patient in the home setting.
• Primarily medium in nature with exerting up to 35 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body; involves sitting, walking, standing, driving, talking, hearing, reaching, smelling, touching,
stooping, fingering, depth perception, color vision, driving. Is physically capable of performing the job-related duties including lifting of patients.
• Necessary on a daily basis, 50-75%. Occasional overnight travel may be necessary
• Patient’s home/living facilities/office.
• Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection, illness, and physical contact from disruptive patients
• Must be flexible to accommodate completion of tasks meet patient needs and referrals.
• Director of Professional Services, Administrator, patients, families, nursing staff.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Must participate in backup On-Call
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in good standing in the state(s) in which he/she will practice.
Nursing - Marketing
ProMedica Senior Care is a leading provider of short-term, post-hospital services.
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.